One of the questions we get asked pretty regularly is: how do I sell on Etsy? At this stage, most of you have already done quite a bit of homework. You might even be ready to take the final steps and start listing your artwork on a 3rd-party shop. But first, you still need more data and that’s where we can help.
We Are Your Production Partner!
Did you know that we can serve as a production partner and fulfilling service for Etsy stores? As such, we are prepared to answer some common questions if you want to sell on Etsy:
- How much is printing?
- What sizes should I sell?
- What materials should I offer?
- What options should I offer?
- Should I offer framed images?
- How much is shipping?
- How much should I charge / how do I price my art (or work)?
- How long does it take to make the prints?
- How should I word my listing?
- What kind of papers do you offer?
Need to Know
We can help with all of these questions, but the answers vary in each case. There aren’t cookie-cutter responses to unique cases. However, we are able to give you all you need to know within a 5-10 minute phone call. We just need to wrap our minds around you and your projects specifically so that we answer your questions accurately.
Here are a few items to get you started:
- Papers: We offer Matte Canvas, Matte Water Color paper (textured), Matte Fine Art paper (smooth), Glossy Metallic paper, Glossy Paper, Medium Luster paper, and line of value printing for the price driven products.
- Printing Prices: Based on size (NOTE: adjusting the size is an easy way to adjust the cost). Learn more here.
- Materials Pricing: Prices on our standard materials are the same for each kind of paper or canvas.
- Production Times: These can vary from 1-10 business days, depending specifically on the kind of product we are fulfilling.
- Shipping Times: Generally takes 1-3 days for most areas.
- Packing & Shipping Prices: Varies based on items being shipped, destination, package weight, and size. We do have a pretty accurate breakdown of theses expected costs, but you will need to speak with us directly so we can advise on correct packaging and its associated cost.
Don’t miss our related post, The Business of Art. It’s a recap of a workshop conducted by Michael Damico. You can listen to the workshop here or you can begin the five part blog posts, including Q&A, here.
“If You Don’t Look Good, We Don’t Look Good”
Remember that old slogan from Vidal Sassoon hair products? Well, it’s true for us too. We want you to use our production and fulfillment services, so that means we need you to succeed. That’s why we value your sustainability and offer high-quality and free advice on setting your price points. You see, we want to be fairly priced in the market, but that means we also want you to make a profit. We are pros at doing the math and making sure you haven’t left anything out. We also:
- Advise on best practices and ideal products to sell on Etsy.
- Advise you on the language to use regarding your product to help convey its quality and archivability.
- Do all the scanning, printing, framing, matting, packaging, shipping, and even claims in the event of damage.
- Stand behind our products and act quickly to help you resolve any issues that arise. Because your customers are our customers.
- Send our packaging to your customers without our branding on it.
- Allow clients to bring in additional items to be included with the packaging, such as Thank You cards or Certificates of Authenticity.
You’re probably already ahead of the curve by now. Let us help you wrap up the process by calling 615-815-6015.